So, Friday I went out job hunting. Well, I didn’t hunt too awful hard – I just went to a staffing agency. I have several possibilities there. The staffing agency itself is looking for a part-time HR person. There are also several insurance agencies and banks that are looking through the staffing agency. I should have a second interview tomorrow.
Before the interview, I need to get some things sorted. For instance, do I want a temporary full-time job, a temporary part-time job, or a permanent part-time job? Permanent full-time is out of the question.
Here’s my cunundrum. There are pastor’s/leadership meetings that I need to attend for credentialing, and I really don’t want to put my credentialing on hold since I’m only a year away from ordination. There are activities with the church (for instance a youth trip this month to OKC to visit the college) that I would have to forego if I get a job. We are planning a vacation in February, there is a Regional Minister’s Retreat in April, and then North American Convention – with this year being the Global Gathering – in June. I will also not be able to take my kids to their homeschool basketball games. 😦 I don’t wish to miss any of these. I would really like for my focus in life to be my family and ministry, but if I work, I am going to have to give up some of the things I do in ministry because quite simply, I’m not superwoman and I somewhat enjoy my sanity. 😀 (hush sister!) And my family comes before ministry. Actually, my family is my first ministry – and it should be the first ministry of all pastors – well actually of everyone! (end of mini sermon. 🙂 ) Yeah, I know… I’m preachin’ to the choir.
With all that being said, at this point I have to get a job. The babysitting opportunity didn’t work out because the parents moved to a different town. With the continual rising cost of fuel and groceries, and the fact that Tim and the kids don’t have medical insurance, I don’t really have much of a choice at this point but to get a job. I’m not griping, I’m just trying to sort through my thoughts and maybe get some wise perspective from my family. (hint, hint 😉 ) There is one other possibility – and it’s a ministry possibility – that I have been praying about for a few weeks, but I will need to contact our regional credentialing chairman before I say anything else about it.
So, all this being said, I would appreciate your prayers. And if you have a different/fresh perspective that I may not be seeing, please give me your thoughts. I love you all!